Glued, nailed or floating? Parquet can be installed on most types of flooring. Choose the right underlay!
Choosing the right underlay is important. A hardwood ﬂoor underlay has to be of good quality to reduce movement and risk of squeaks. In addition, you get an underlay with very good audio characteristics.
Good to know
- The sub-ﬂoor must be dry, level and self-supporting. Concrete sub-ﬂoors must be level and devoid of cement lumps, etc. The tolerance limit ± 3 mm per 2 running metres. For the UK: ± 3 mm over 3 running metres according to British Standard BS8204.
- Moisture barrier: The ﬂoor must not be exposed for moisture from the sub-ﬂoor. An additional 0.2mm plastic foil has to be used on concrete ﬂoor to insulate against any remaining dampness.
- Impact sound: Structure-borne noise inside neighboring rooms when walking on the ﬂooring.
- Walking sound: Noise generated inside the room itself when walking on the ﬂooring.
- Load resistance: An underlay with higher density or higher dynamic load reduces movement and the risk of unwanted sound both in the room itself and in neighboring rooms.
Problems such as uneven sub-flooring, moisture and sound transmission can be resolved with the help of technical expertise from BOEN’s sales and service team. Please contact our sales tem for more detailed information.
Below a list of different types of underlays for wooden and concrete subfloors.