Choosing the right underlay is important. A hardwood ﬂoor underlay has to be of good quality to reduce movement and risk of squeaks. In addition, you get an underlay with very good audio characteristics.
Good to know
- The sub-ﬂoor must be dry, level and self-supporting. Concrete sub-ﬂoors must be level and devoid of cement lumps, etc. The tolerance limit ± 3 mm per 2 running metres. For the UK: ± 3 mm over 3 running metres according to British Standard BS8204.
- Moisture barrier: The ﬂoor must not be exposed for moisture from the sub-ﬂoor. An additional 0.2mm plastic foil has to be used on concrete ﬂoor to insulate against any remaining dampness.
- Impact sound: Structure-borne noise inside neighboring rooms when walking on the ﬂooring.
- Walking sound: Noise generated inside the room itself when walking on the ﬂooring.
- Load resistance: An underlay with higher density or higher dynamic load reduces movement and the risk of unwanted sound both in the room itself and in neighboring rooms.
Problems such as uneven sub-flooring, moisture and sound transmission can be resolved with the help of technical expertise from BOEN’s sales and service team. Please contact our sales tem for more detailed information.
If you are a professional and need more detailed information, switch to Professional mode.