FSC® “The mark of Responsible Forestry”

The raw materials processed at BOEN come from sustainable forests. Beyond that, the BOEN factories have implemented a chain of custody system in accordance with the FSC standards (chain of custody system).

Forest Stewardship Council®

The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is a well-known independent, not-for-profit organisation. The mission of FSC: The Forest Stewardship Council A.C. shall promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world's forests.

Environmentally appropriate forest management ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest's biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.

Socially beneficial forest management helps both local people and society at large to enjoy long term benefits and also provides strong incentives to local people to sustain the forest resources and adhere to long-term management plans.

Economically viable forest management means that forest operations are structured and managed so as to be sufficiently profitable, without generating financial profit at the expense of the forest resource, the ecosystem, or affected communities.

The tension between the need to generate adequate financial returns and the principles of responsible forest operations can be reduced through efforts to market the full range of forest products and services for their best value.

FSC Label

The FSC label is a well-recognized guidance for the consumer. It guarantees that the flow of these products has been verified and can be traced from the forest to the point of sale.


The label ensures that the product delivered has a minimum of 70% material that originates from FSC certified wood, the remaining 30% can come from FSC Controlled wood. BOEN delivers products with FSC MIX.

FSC certificate in BOEN companies

An FSC® CoC (chain of custody) certified company has to keep account of the origin of the wood and has to be able to trace the flow of the products. Only companies who have such procedure certified by FSC, are allowed to sell FSC certified products.

BOEN FSC license numbers are:

BOEN Bruk, (Norway) FSC® C051117, BOEN Parkett Deutschland, (Germany) FSC® C101713, BOEN Lietuva (Lithuania) FSC® C021510, BOEN UK FSC® C047288, BOEN US FSC® C095158.

FSC certificates:

BOEN Lietuva
BOEN Deutschland
BOEN Hardwood

FSC - 10 good reasons
Environmental Declaration

FSC certified BOEN and BOEN Sport products

Please note, that a BOEN hardwood flooring or BOEN Sport product is FSC certified only when it is clearly written in the product description on the sticker on the emballage and in the invoices & transport documents.

Full information on BOEN products that can be delivered with FSC® MIX label are listed on www.fsc.org.

Updated information on FSC certificates and licenses are available at www.fsc.org